Monday, June 11, 2012

Van Thanh Park

So before we moved to Vietnam a common question asked of me was "What are you going to do while Troy is gone all day?" I haven't thought much about it the past few weeks because Troy has been spending a lot of time with us to make sure we are settled. But now...now he is BUSY and working hard. While talking with my brother Tyson this morning he asked "What do you do during the day while Troy is in meetings?" I mostly answered with a list of chores to be done in our apt (dishes for 2 hours, by hand!, laundry...etc.). But today Troy had a phone call meeting at our apt so I wanted to get our restless rugrats out.  Luckily there is a great little park outside our front door called Van Thanh Park. It's a pretty popular place here in Ho Chi Minh.

Entrance to park

Drey wanted to play in the fountains but I wouldn't let him climb the bamboo fence. It's no City Creek, their pretty strict about these things.

He loves the train....even though it has a scary pumpkin head on it....very welcoming for children :)

My son is a dirt digger and this is the best we could find. The dirt here is  like beach sand, wet, grainy, and sticks to everything. But that didn't stop him, using one of Enzo's plastic bottles he dug away. 

Enzo is contemplating if he likes the feel of the sand....

Love this look of awe....

This swing set is totally old school and I love it...how cool is this swing?

Um hello?.....Lilam, Beckham, Jada, Malakai, Hayden....help me out here cousins.

Just a random Vietnamese girl that asked to take a picture with the boys, so I took a picture of her.

There are all sorts of crazy statues in this park...an orange finger, an angry soldier, a butterfly, it's funny and quite entertaining to walk around.



No comments:

Post a Comment