Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Satisfying my cravings

It's no secret that I love me some sweets.....donuts and cookies top the list of my preferred treats. Or now that I think about it I can eat brownies and Nielsen's custard anytime, any day, in any amount. I have a serious sweet tooth problem. I was hoping that I would loose that sweet tooth here in Vietnam, but instead I've decided to satisfy it :) So how better than to bake the basic chocolate chip cookie, my personal favorite. There is just one problem, Vietnam does not have chocolate chips...not even in the import markets. Instead I found a big block of chocolate at Metro (Costco) that has proved to be a good substitution.


Chocolate Compound from Indonesia

Chopped into square chips

a little French butter

Baking soda and vanilla from Singapore

Of course the sweet stuff from USA

There are no cookie sheets here in Vietnam so I had to use a 9x13ish cake pan. I was basically baking cookies all day since only 6 would fit at a time.

Voila! the final product. The chocolate actually tastes better cooked.

He's pretty happy with them.....

oops....bad mom....some slipped into Enzo's hand.  Don't tell Troy!


   **  A special thanks to all the international ingredients that made this cookie possible. **

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That is some amazing chef-ery with those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just talked to Dan, he's back in SLC on his way to London. He said your cookies were the BEST cookies he's ever had!

    ReplyDelete