Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Wrap Up....

Ok, I have totally dropped the ball in keeping this blog up to date over the past few weeks...excuses will only make me digress. The bottom line here is that Monika lived the life of a rockstar while visiting  Vietnam and I felt like Old Mother Hubbard living vicariously through her :)

Sadly, Moni is back in Utah now.  The pictures below are just a brief look at how she spent her time and the friends she made during her VN visit.



fresh pressed sugar cane drink....a delicious treat before heading to the salon...  

....and getting your hair wash, facial, and deep condition treatment.

Waiting the rain out...

This picture may only be funny to Monika and me, but it had to be posted. I was mopping the floor and Enzo was standing next to me. I didn't want him to come any closer and slip so I asked Troy to come pick him up. I think the picture describes the rest. Troy fell flat on his back without any warning. Drey followed Troy and smacked right into his head. A sad but very funny sight. I have since sworn off cleaning my floors....for safety sake :)

Enzo pointing to the pig....yum1

night market

Moni, Van, and friend

Monika and Troy were invited to the White Palace for a special wedding event.

inside the event....awesome!

there was traditional Vietnamese and modern wedding attire showcased.

Phu & Qu owners of the White Palace. These two were very good to Monika and provided her with a personal driver for her three week stay in Saigon. I was just a smidge jealous :) 

Moni's driver to take her anywhere she desired.

Historic buddhist landmark in Sai Gon

Enzo loved his Auntie Moo's shoes...


Pappa Roti buns are seriously the best buttery rolls ever!

SinhTo drinks

Troy: "okay, let's start FHE with an opening song"
Drey: "HOLD ON, let me grab my flute"

Morgue?....No, just a salon where Moni got her eyebrows done.

very brave
Moni and Ha

traffic at 5:32...lucky she's in a car :)




Heidi, Eric, Moni, Yen, and friends

My Lan and Ty


We refer to My Lan as Monika's wife since she took such good care of Moni and was so kind.

Moni and Thao at the office

Street Salon, just pull up a lawn chair and they start working on you. It's located down an alleyway near the markets and it was packed! 

mmmmm....mochi ice cream treats.

Thuy, Moni, and Yen at Ben Thanh market on her last day.  It only took 1 month for Moni to become true Vietnamese...she actually dared to eat Viet style at the market.

Moni snuck this picture in. Drey giving his first scripture in primary. All he could say was "no mom, no mom" when I asked him to repeat what I was saying. 


1 comment: