Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Let's press the pause button....(or did I already do that?)

Obviously this blog has been on pause in my life. There are a few reasons/excuses for this being the case:

1- In our one year stay in Vietnam I (and two little boys) have managed to break 4 cell phones and 2 cameras.  Our second camera broke the day Monika left...hence the posts stopped coming. What is a blog about Vietnam without pictures? I could wax poetic about what I am seeing and feeling...but pictures really speak a thousand words. Troy refuses to buy me any phone that is not free!

2- I am pregnant...4 months to be exact. My brain has completely shut down. Nights have been the worst with being sick and fatigue is an all day symptom for me. Needless to say, pregnancy and blogging have not been a good combination.

3 - I am maybe just a smidge checked out of Vietnam and ready to be coming home :) We are heading home on July 8th. It's possible that our bags have been packed since June 3rd.

I have loved living in Vietnam, but there truly is no place like home. Every time I go out I look around me and see sights that I hope will stay burned in my memory forever. I wish I could describe the sound, feel, and smell of Vietnam to all who have not experienced it for themselves. It's amazing in good and not so good ways, but definitely a time I hope to never forget.  Troy and I have said many times that Vietnam has been a blessing and a necessity for all the lessons we have learned. We have cherished our time living here with just our little family.

I'm not sure what the future holds for this blog, but for now the pause button has been pushed. Thank you for the support to anyone who has read this blog over the past year.  xoxox

2 comments: