Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 2 - Sunday

My parents have survived their first 24 hours in Vietnam! The jet lag is still lingering but they put in a full day and at the end said it was "fun." Here's how it looked, I hope you like pictures :)



Church. I know I have sufficiently warned my mom about drinking the water  here in Vietnam when she leans over to me and whispers "Is this ok to drink?" as she is passing me the Sacrament tray of water.....Um I sure hope so! My parents really enjoyed church. I think hearing the hymns being sung in a different language was their favorite part. Apparently Drey is a little jet lagged also. And yes, yellow crocs are totally acceptable church shoes in Vietnam!

Sitting under a tree in the shade waiting for a taxi. 


After resting for a few hours we went down our little alley to Van Tanh Park. Here we are checking out the fish.

Do you see it now? Blonde hair...check, blue eyes....check......we have a winner! Enzo finally warmed up to  his Nana & Grandpa. 




Troy taking my mom on her first scooter ride. She LOVED it! 


Poor Grandpa....this heat is really killing him. I kept asking him if he felt like he was going to pass out....haha. 

Sunday dinner. This was a pretty memorable experience in itself. The story is long so I won't bother with the details but to sum it up, this is a really random group of fun guests that showed up for dinner...almost unexpected. Menu: chicken enchiladas, rice, salad, brownies and ice cream.


2 comments:

  1. I told Carisa she should have answered, "Only if your worthy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Troy!! Lol!!! I guess youist be living well then since you havent keeled over at church! That is amazing to see Enzo and his nana together!

    ReplyDelete