Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ahhhh....

Did you hear that?....oh that was just me giving a big sigh of relief....my parents have arrived in Vietnam! I am relieved that they made the long trek over safely and without problems, and I am mostly relieved to have my sons reunited with their Nana & Grandpa, it's been a long time coming. This next week will be bliss for me. I know I am a 30+ woman, wife, and mother of 2 children, but in all honesty there is nothing like having your mom (and dad) around, it just makes life better.

The first day is a killer with jetlag. My parents arrived in Vietnam at 11:50 am which is 9:50 pm in Utah, so of course they were ready to sleep, but we pushed them to stay awake as long as possible. It is now 8:00pm and they are zonked out!


It was a sweet reunion. Drey was so excited and weaved himself through the crowd to get to his Nana & Grandpa.

We came back to our place to unload luggage, freshen up and eat lunch. I don't think we were at our house for more than 5 minutes before my dad asked if they had Coke in Vietnam. Good thing I was prepared with chilled Diet Coke's and chips, his favorite.

It was like an early Christmas when the luggage was opened. Here is Drey with his sweet spiderman outfit, muscles included. He loved it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Kylie for sending these construction magnets....you must know 3- year- olds and what they like :)

Enzo with his new red car cruising around

Troy took my dad outside for a little walk to pick up our scooter from the mechanic. He came back looking like this....haha. It is HOT here! I think that has been the biggest shock to my parents. It's about 90 degrees daily but the humidity factor makes it so much hotter. I remember feeling the same way when I first arrived in Vietnam and now it feels normal. I can't even imagine what cold weather feels like.

First things first....get fitted for some custom clothing. My dad has been debating whether or not to get a suit made here in Vietnam. When he arrived, still unsure, he said he wanted to just check it out. It took all of 30 minutes for him to pick out a new suit,  a sport coat and two dress shirts. It's easy to convince a man to buy a lot when he is totally jet laged. However I don't know what Troy's excuse is, who also walked away with a new suit and dress shirt!

Books and books of material to choose from. 

Dinner was then at our favorite Vietnamese restaurant Cuc Gach Quan. 

Fresh pineapple juice and honey.....mixed together makes a delicious drink!

Day 1 is off to a good start....

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! That is awesome! Your sweet parents! I'm so happy they are there with you!!!! We did get some good entertainment of the airport video - Troy, you must be used to video-ing short Viet people cause you kept aiming the camera at Michelle and Dave's mid-sections! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words can't express the feeling of having your parents with you after a long absence. I am so happy for you and hope you and your family have a great time. Such fun memories to look back on. Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carisa, I had to buy a suit and shirt. You know how girls always have to drag a friend with them when they go to the bathroom? It's the same sort of thing. There is no way I could let your dad go in there by himself to buy a new suit, sport coat, and shirts and not get one too!

    ReplyDelete