Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Scootermania!

So my life has become pretty routine here in Vietnam. I do have to admit that I tend to stay in my comfort zone while somehow being completely out of my comfort zone.....ya know, the whole living in a foreign country thing.  There is not much I dare to venture out and see with a 1 year old and 3 year old, by myself, in a country that I do not speak the language.  Can you blame me? To keep my mother calm and let her know that I am still alive and do see the outdoors from time to time, I have started taking pictures of other scooters while I am riding on the back of ours. This was Tuesday's view while scootering to Troy's YM activity at the Vietnam History Museum:


Vietnam, cleanest place ever! I own one of these brooms and they are awesome, especially with sticky rice and noodles on the floor.

Delivery man


Notice the shadow.  Those are a bunch of aluminum bars that are hanging 10' off the front AND back of this guys scooter!  That is one skilled balancing act.

Four jugs in the trunk and two in the passenger seat....

One hand on the wheel....one hand holding a printer...no sweat!

The parking lot. Imagine forgetting where you parked?  Scooters are light weight so it's a pretty common practice to have your scooter moved around after you park it to make room for more scooters. 
And a few pics from the Museum:

Troy has this same picture taken from 2000 when he first visited Vietnam. 

This is Giang Young. The Young family moved from Utah to Vietnam two months before we arrived and their older boys are the only two boys in YM.  She has an amazing story about leaving Vietnam after the War on a boat and fleeing to Australia. She spent 9 days at sea on a small boat with no drinking water and only eating the fish from the ocean. She gives all credit to the Lord that no one in their group died.

Enzo and Drey say it all in this picture.   It was REALLY HOT in the Museum.

Sorry, camera battery died after this pic.....We ended with lunch at Two for One Tuesday at Dominoes Pizza :)

1 comment:

  1. that is the perfect family picture! Jada is looking at this with me and saying, "that's Drey and Troy's baby and Troy's best friend!"

    ReplyDelete