Thursday, September 13, 2012

Yo-Yo beautiful....

The hours of 3:00pm - 5:00pm are a killer for me. The boys have just woken from their naps and I have dinner to prepare. Often I just turn on some cartoons and let the kids veg out....yuck! Today I could take it no longer and had to get Drey out of our apartment. Thank goodness Drey is always up for a trip to the little park down our ally. We walked over right about the same time that school was getting out for kids so the timing was perfect....





This is a video of the school kids playing with yo-yo's. Vietnamese children are amazing at yo-yo, it's awesome to watch. These boys loved that I was recording them. The children here also love to practice their English with me.

Group of Boys: Hello
Me: Hello
Group of Boys: Good Afternoon, What's your name?
Me: Carisa
Group of Boys: Nice to meet you, see you later, have a nice day....

My conversations with the local children mostly consist of greetings and good-bye's. I was actually surprised that one boy asked my name.

Drey was also very enchanted with these boys. He followed them everywhere and would ask "where are my friends?" It was really sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment