Friday, September 7, 2012

El Gato Negro Burrito

So I've done a few posts of us eating at different restaurants around the city, and for the most part all of the food has been decent. But last Monday I had my first El Gato Negro Burrito and I can now say that I have had outstanding food in Vietnam, worthy of a post solely dedicated to the food. Words can't describe how good this burrito shop is....let's just say it beats anything I have tasted in Salt Lake City. It was so good on Monday, again leftover on Tuesday, that we went back for more on Friday. Everything is so tasty, chicken quesadilla, fish tacos, and of course burritos...WOW! Have I convinced any of you to  fly to Vietnam for this deliciousness yet? I promise it is worth the $1,200 air fare.



Grilled Chicken Quesadilla 

El Saigon Burrito - BBQ lemongrass chicken, fried rice, refried black beans, pineapple salsa ...yum!

San Diego Fish Tacos - fried basa, cabbage, salsa, cilantro, FRESH fried corn tortillas! 

 The owner is American and has two other restaurants, Black Cat (which Troy says has great hamburgers and shakes) and Wally Woos Chicken and Waffles. We'll be trying that next :)

1 comment:

  1. Now you're talkin my language. We will be there shortly.

    ReplyDelete