Sunday, August 5, 2012

Drey's Birthday Celebration

We have some important events coming up this week, one being Drey's big 3 year mark in life. Due to Troy's tight schedule we decided to have a little celebration tonight in honor of our first offspring. I think the night was a success:


I was running a little low on baking pans (I have two), so I made dirt cups for dessert in place of a birthday cake.

The menu: watermelon, salad, Mexican rice, and the spiciest enchiladas ever!  Enchiladas are a little difficult to make in Vietnam since tortillas are so expensive. However, as luck would have it, I found a guy from California that moved over here to sell Mexican supplies. I ordered fresh flour tortillas and green enchilada sauce from his company Saigon Tacos. Now if only my taste buds could handle the spice. 

Dinner guests: Krystal Taylor (works with Troy and staying with us this month), Johnny and Betsye Park (friends from the Branch). You should know the rest....

Drey and Jack jumping on Drey's bed. Jack is Johnny and Betsye's  little boy. They have become good buds recently and play really well together. It's  been great for Drey to have a little friend.


Drey blowing out the three candles in his dirt cup.

Opening presents. Gifts included marvel comic pens, a new tractor book, a dump truck matchbox and......

a new scooter! Drey was pretty excited to get his new scooter.  I'm hoping he enjoys  doing laps around the 17th floor since we don't have much of a neighborhood.

Enjoying our dirt cups.....Drey, Melissa, me, Betsye, Jack, Troy & Jake

Drey got a special card today from his Bachan. Our friend Thanh flew into HCM this morning and delivered oatmeal (YES!) and birthday cards. Good timing!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Drey! What a handsome little guy, once again I'm so impressed with your Mexican meals Vietnam style! Looks delish! I want Mexican now.

    ReplyDelete