Friday, February 22, 2013

Phu Quoc Island


Beach + Relaxation + Enjoyment = Phu Quoc Island. We loved Phu Quoc Island so much with my parents that we were glad to go there again with Jane & Herb, and we were not disappointed! I can honestly say that after visiting this island two times, it is hands down the best beach in all of Asia. I know that my sample size may be small when making such a bold statement, so if anyone wants to challenge me I will gladly do further research and prove it.

Monday-

Sea Star Resort beach bungalows

warm, clean, shallow water...nothing beats it!

Enzo had a strict diet of eating only watermelon this past week.


mmmm...fresh fried coconut and banana stuffed pastries...delicious!

I'm not complaining....

.....nor is Bachan :)

Tuesday we rented scooters and toured the island countryside.



Awesome.

searching for sea shells with Bachan.

lunch at a local restaurant along the countryside.

.....going off the beaten path



.....and getting stuck :)

The local fish farm.  Millions of tiny fish caught in these screens and dried out in the sun, then seasoned and sold in the markets.

squid drying out in the sun.....

....Troy drying out in the sun :)

Heaven! Did I mention we were along the countryside? Notice the cow in the background.

There were a couple points in our travel that we may have been a little lost.  At one point we had to cross this wood bridge on a scooter....I held my breathe the entire ride across waiting to fall into the stream.


Wednesday

front row seat at a wedding on the beach.

The best find of the week was Alanis cafe. I would say this has been one of my favorite places to eat in all of Vietnam.  The owners worked on a cruise ship and then at the Sheraton Hotel before opening this cafe in Phu Quoc. The BEST sandwiches, fries, drinks, and desserts. We ate there 4 times in our three day stay.

Passion Citrus smoothie

caramel pancakes

view from our room.
Till we meet again Phu Quoc....hopefully sooner than later.







1 comment:

  1. So that does look amazing. Everything. You look amazing in your swimsuit, Troy drying out in the sun looks amazing, the massages look amazing, the carmel pancakes look amazing and Bachan and Grandy look like they're having an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete