Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Back to reality....

 Happy 2013!  To be honest, I started 2013 with a dead battery, hence my lack of posts. There are two reasons for this:

1.) I broke my 2013 resolution within the first 24 hours of the new year. It may have been a lofty goal that was hastily decided upon, but if accomplished I would feel like "Super Mom." Needless to say I feel like "Villain Mom" on a daily basis...ugh!

2.) On Christmas day my friend Betsye handed me the DVD sets for season 1 & 2 of Downton Abbey. Wow! The past two weeks my life has been consumed by this British soap opera and I have loved every minute of it! (Troy is rolling his eyes right about now with absolute disgust). Sorry, I have a slight addiction problem.

So the hype of the new year is over and we are now back to our routine days. The good news is that I can now say I will see you all this year!


Delicious little oranges (like cuties) enjoyed on New Years day. 

The day after picture. We didn't actually make it downtown to this point, but drove by a side street and saw this contraption built for a fountain and light show. New Year's Eve was another packed night in the city.

This is the true aristocrat of our family sitting high on his throne and demanding his cup be full of juice at all times while he watches cartoons. Enzo is the mischievous brother trying to distract and then dethrone him. 
Fresh coconut juice. 

Drey catching a ride with Duy. He loves Duy and climbed up on his scooter for a ride home after our ice cream outing.

Back to our weekly Gymboree classes

I needed Troy to watch the boys for a bit while I made a quick trip to the gym on the 2nd floor. However he had already made an apt. with the shoe shine guy just outside our building for the same time. Troy being a quick thinker and supportive husband (only because me & the gym have rare encounters) ran outside and brought the guy up to our hallway to shine his shoes while he watched the boys. Shoes are safe, boys are safe...it's a win/win.



                   
                        Troy's helmet before
Troy's helmet after
                         


1 comment:

  1. troy,
    if u can afford to have your shoes shined then you must be doing very well financially and I need a loan.

    ReplyDelete