Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Can somebody please clue me in?

What is the trick to making rice krispy treats with M&M's? I'm not sure why this four ingredient recipe is so difficult, but it has proven to be beyond my cooking skills. Is there a secret to the timing with the marshmallow and butter melting before adding the cereal? Did I add the M&M's too soon? I'm at a complete loss as to why this normally simple, delicious treat always goes wrong with me. 

I decided to make this treat for some friends that came over tonight to interview Troy about being a foreigner living in Vietnam, it was their class project. Troy can vouch for me that in my cooking world, looks is as much a part of the meal as taste. Many a time I have thrown away jello salads, cakes, and other dishes if they did not look right. Thank goodness our guests were unaware of how a true, correct, rice krispy treat with M&M's should look. In Utah, this treat would not be making it to any social gatherings, only Drey & Enzo's tummies. Which... P.S. while Drey was eating his square tonight he stops and says "mom I found a bone in mine" and walks over to the table to put a piece of burnt marshmallow crisp on the kitchen table. I literally had to give a small warning to our guests before serving them....beware of bones in your rice krispy treats! 

I have failed homemaking 101 today.


some sad looking rice krispy treats....with Christmas M&M's  :)


Does serving them on a silver platter help?


the unfortunate partakers of the treats



1 comment:

  1. they look delicious to me! I would eat them! bones and all! SO FUNNY by the way about Drey's comment!!!

    ReplyDelete